Wednesday, December 15, 2004

The Postess with the Mostest

I have less to do now. I have nothing to do that will earn me money. I have resolved, however, to write here every goddamn day. Every day writing is possible, I should say, because I'm sure I'll encounter obstacles over the next few weeks.

Stefan, very kindly, tried to help me come up with Things To Do before I leave for Rochacha. If y'all have anything to add I am definitely open to suggestions.

Things To Do:

List A: Do these things today, Jo.

1. Take a shower.
2. Send an invoice for two projects completed in December
3. Get printmaking supplies for the Christmas Card Extravaganza
4. Start cutting plate for aforementioned Extravaganza
5. Get a movie or figure out similar reward for getting off your ass today.

List B: Do these things before you leave for Rochacha, Jo.

1. Visit the Career Center (without panicking or crying).
2. Feed self every day.
3. Figure out Christmas gifts for brothers' girlfriends/wives. (Well, one wife, two girlfriends.)
4. Call friends in Le Victoire and establish Escape From Alcatraz-esque plans for Christmas week.
5. Finish and mail Masshealth application.
6. Print and mail Christmas cards.

I've already bungled my plans. I came straight to the Simmons lab instead of showering, because I was already on the 66 bus and didn't think I'd leave my apartment if I let its inviting, uterine warmth envelope me.

And I can't send the invoice (though I've filled it out) until the latest editor actually manages to open the document I sent him and tell me everything's fantastic. (Which it is. I actually liked this last project.)

I like the word envelope. The envel part sounds kinda swanky and luxurious, and the ope part seems a bit comical on the end. Pop pop pop. Envellopop. Opie dope envelope. Lope... I like that word, too.

Right! Back to (fake) work!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Add:

Dream good dreams.
Read on a daily basis.
Drink tea.

Anonymous said...

Muchacha from Rochacha: if you need help with Masshealth, I'm your woman. Been there done that.
Dana