Saturday, December 18, 2004

An Ode to Katya

Kate, the wonderful lunch-buddy,
Met me for yumminess at Zaftigs and even
Continued to the Booksmith and later, yes even later,
Accompanied me to The PaperSource, where I did math in my head
Successfully. This is auspicious evidence
That Kate influenced the cosmos today
And made it bearable for me, even if in doing so
She further neglected a much neglected paper
For Cathie's Crit class. Ah, Kate,
Who is lovelier than thou?


That's a poor poem, but you get the gist.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am so, so honoured. wait, did i just spell that the british way?
anyway, even though i neglected the aforementioned paper, it was worth it to spend time with the lovely jobiv and eat yummy food. and find a breakfast food i like. no, love. banana-stuffed french toast with vanilla sauce and berries is an amazing feast, my friends.
with .5 mashed and .5 home fries:)
and your math is excellent, dearie. but i helped with that tough how many times does 6 go into 40 problem!

JoBiv said...

Someone was reading my blog instead of working... Hahahaha... But I decree that that's allowed.