Monday, December 13, 2004

Like the Gifts of the Magi, but not.

French people are magical.

I was thinking about how Miss Sarah and I shouldn't wash our hair every day, and how other people think that's gross, which is unfair.

And then I thought of Les French, the people who lived above me when I lived in Ireland (some of whom were Dutch, but that spoils it), and how they somehow magically broke every rule without damaging their reputations or friendships. And I pondered why. This is what I came up with.

Affront #1: They are French. (Except for the Dutch ones.)

Counteraction: They moved to Ireland, ON PURPOSE, which means they are of that select line of Frenchpeople who do not want to live in France. I call that good judgement.

Affront #2: They speak French

Counteraction: They never gave me the feeling that they believed French to be the most romantic language on earth, mostly because half of their vocabulary was vulgar.

Affront #3: Deficient laundry skills

Counteraction: Like cartoon characters, they would wear the same outfit repeatedly, which meant I could recognize them from great distances and in most stages of inebriation. Very helpful.

Affront #4: Deficient personal hygiene skills

Counteraction: They always had the coolest hair! And by the way, if you're beautiful and have an accent, you somehow never smell like ass.

See? I told you. MAGICAL.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I like how you prettified "MAGICAL," Jo. You are cool like Coolorado.

Hee hee - funny post.

aurorabuddha said...

Jag är osten.
That's how you say it in Swedish.
Would you care to explain this? :o)

JoBiv said...

Yay! Swedish cheese recovered! I'm such an international girl...