Sunday, December 05, 2004

All hail the good doctor!

Dr. Blouin has started a blog, due to my nagging, and I think it's a lovely thing.

David the Great is one of my two best friends from college. (The other is Allie. She's in Chicago, according to rumor and a message on my machine.)

You may say, "Pick a college, Jo. It's gotten confusing."

I'm talking about St. Bonaventure University, the ol' Brown and White. That doesn't sound appealing, does it? I read The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time a month or so ago, and the character in that book has a strong aversion to brown things. He would not like SBU. Besides the mud, there are also Franciscan Friars, who wear brown robes. The Allegany River usually looks brownish, as well.

BREAKING NEWS! David has discovered the sad fate of the sweater I lost last night.

drblouin1: i pay attention you know
JoBiv: prolly more than I ever do. thanks for that
JoBiv: frinstance, i lost a sweater yesterday
JoBiv: due to my lack of attention to details
JoBiv: genius
drblouin1: did the detail gnomes take it from you
drblouin1: they quizzed you on it and then determined you could not recognize it from tuna
drblouin1: then they absconded with it
drblouin1: didn't they
drblouin1: they always do that

Oh Doctor, you're a godsend.

6 comments:

Eunice Burns said...

Funny, usually I just lose stuff because I'm irresponsible.

Hey, Jo, I am desperate for your help. You know how Bloomers gives that book talk every year in December? Do you know if she's giving it again? Do you plan on going? If the answer to the above two questions are yes, then would you nab an extra sheet for me?? I plan on emailing her, but she sometimes doesn't respond, and I figger you can be more reliable in this situation. Do let me know, dear, won't you? I need good ideas for baby Jack, and I refuse to buy Walter the Farting Dog!

Eunice Burns said...

P.S. The Curious Incident... is on my nightstand (right under Hoot). Is it worth the read?

JoBiv said...

I was just thinking about her book talk. Knowing Bloomers she'll keep it secret til the day before, but I'll have my spies get the info. If she's having it, I will definitely attend and send.

AND I did enjoy The Curious Incident... I think Haddon does a good job of balancing the extreme personality with enough clues to what's really going on. The character is like a lens through which you figure things out before he can. Very interesting.

Sarah said...

I loved Curious Incident.... I'd like to pick up a used copy somewhere.

Sarah said...

Jo, if you get a copy of that sheet, can you mail me a copy? I'd like to put it up on the Hedgehog site.

JoBiv said...

Yes yes, I plan to go, take notes, and send it to all!