Monday, December 06, 2004

Farewell to Mars

greenbubble1_med

How astoundingly beautiful is this picture? It's an oxygen bubble inside a water bubble at zero gravity. This was taken on the International Space Station, and it's just about the only thing that really grabbed my attention of all my research for the Mars project.

I got a tiffy email from my editor today. She said something like, "How's that project coming? I'm just asking because our deadlines aren't as flexible as they used to be here." Haha! She should get into politics. "No, it's not ME telling you to get it in on time, it's THEM... THOSE people... the MEAN ones. Don't shoot the messenger!"

I really should get right to work on the 32-pager, but my eyes hurt, my fingers are frozen, and I'm very, very tired. Also frustrated... there's this job at Houghton that I want to apply for, but I can't find writing samples (I know, I know, but I can't share my freelance work according to my contract). I just figured out that my disk of work from the Writing class disappeared along with my purse that day on Newbury Street.

Sigh. I hope I have print copies of all that stuff. Wish me luck on my search.


Did the neighbor blog thang today, so click the subject line! This blog is so... pretty. See what you think.

No comments: