Monday, November 15, 2004

The New Deal

This weekend was a tad lonely, despite the comforting company of bubble wrap and other friendly items from Miss Imholt. And I decided something. Last week I saw and talked to a total of maybe 6 people. One of those might be two conversations with the same person, actually. That's pathetic.

So yesterday, I decided that I'm going to TRY to run into people. I mean, actually attempt to talk to them. Yesterday's tally is as such:

Lucky Person #1: the Liquors Foods guy with the bad haircut. I went beyond the usual, "Hi, how are you," to comment on the snow. He commented back. Oh, the thrill!

LP2: Liz T., my pal and guitar teacher!

LP3: Nadene, another student of Liz's, as well as friend of K-Dawg.

LP4: Guy at concierge desk at Berklee. I asked him for a pen. FEARLESSLY!

LP5: Katya the Great! I visited her at Sorento's after finding that I forgot my T fare back to Brookline. I like visiting her on Sundays and watching the kitchen at work.

LP's 6, 7, 8: other employees of Sorento's, especially Pointy Head Guy who looked straight at my boobs and said, "How you doin'?" every time he passed me.

I know what you're thinking... Eight people in one day! That's outrageous! How does she do it? Well, I have to say, it hasn't been easy. Right now I can only strive for quantity, but I'm sure quality is riding the coattails...

2 comments:

Sarah said...

JoJo, I've got an idea. Give me a week or so and watch your mailbox.
Or just move to the Midwest where people talk to you whether you want them to or not.

JoBiv said...

I know what you're up to... You're going to mail yourself, right? Make sure you pack a lunch!