Thursday, November 25, 2004

Gracias mucho

Happy Thanksgiving, people.

I finished my meal a few hours ago. Quite proud of myself... corn pudding, a sweet potato, mashed potatoes, turkey leg, TJ's cranberry sauce, green beans... yum. I'm a chef, it turns out.

Did I mention that my parents sent me flowers? A dozen white long-stemmed roses. Or is it long-stemmed white roses? Anyway, they sent them. Nice of 'em.

Still not answering the phone, but ended up talking to people anyway. I called the house and talked to my cousin Mixx, who sometimes acknowledges our family (especially when his parents are in Rome during Thanksgiving). Talked to my brother Smacks, who mentioned his girlfriend (the twin sister of Tom's best friend) at least sixteen times. Cripps was not present, but my parents managed to import a baby to replace our Baby for the holiday. Two, actually... family friends of ours appeared. Baby Sam (2 weeks older than Baby) talked to me on the phone. He said, "egeesh?" which is baby for "did you know they all hate you right now?"

I did, Sam. Thanks for pointing it out.

Time for movie #3 and another glass of wine. Pumpkin pie later if my tummy ever rumbles again.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Jo, glad you made the pudding! And that you had a good time. What movies did you watch?

The flowers are awesome!

JoBiv said...

Empire Records, The Mists of Avalon (which was actually like reading the bible in one sitting), and Matilda. Fun times!