Saturday, November 13, 2004

bubble wrappiness happiness


bubble wrappiness happiness
Originally uploaded by JoBiv!.
Last night I was in a bit of a dark mood, in case you need me to spell it out. I neglected to tell you how beautiful the world is with the first snow frosting everything, especially the trees that have managed to retain their orange and red leaves. There's a particularly lovely Japanese maple on Park Drive that looks like a thing of heaven.

So when I entered the building's foyer last night, I was in a dreamy snow-sprinkled, but still solitary mood. Then I noticed a package on the floor below my mailbox. It was for ME! It was from Sarah! It's still from Sarah, actually, and a mess of goodies sits on my kitchen table now: bubble wrap, Tazo tea, the Amelie soundtrack, and a pencil. There was a magnet, too, but I put that on the fridge right away. Goodies! For me! I am loved. Thank you, Miss Sarah. You have made my November.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Yay! I'm glad it was a happy time! A letter arrived from thee today, thanks muchly.

It's always nice to travel cozy and warm on the C Line while snow is falling outside, esp at night with Coolige Corner all lit up and the knowledge that if you want, you can get off there, grab a hot chocolate and meander through the Booksmith, steaming, with drops of water tipping off your head onto the books you look at, before meandering up Beacon to visit Jo & Kristin; once upon a time.

Sarah said...

Umm, embarrassing: Sorry about spellin' COOLIDGE wrong.