Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Bah frickin' humbug

I'm not going home, so stop asking.

Okay, to your credit, none of you asked. But everyone else did.

I'm having what has become JoBiv's Traditional Thanksgiving. I watch the parade, cook dessert and some kinda bread, watch some movies, cook mashed potatoes, turkey legs, open a can of cranberry sauce, microwave a sweet potato, pour a glass of wine, clean up after the meal, call my parents, get annoyed with my dad who has invariably kept the phone off the hook so he won't get telemarketer calls (like that happens on holidays), pour another glass of wine, watch another movie, fall asleep due to the effects of turkey and wine combined...

It'll be a nice day.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I'd rather spend a mellow day with you, Jo. Instead, I'm having Thanksgiving with strangers. Especially bad because that means NO LEFTOVERS.

I'll be thinking of you.

JoBiv said...

AGH! STRANGER DANGER! I hope you can cope, Miss Sarah.

I made your puddn' today, and despite the utter lack of kitchen appliances, it came out quite nicely. (I used nutmeg, as well.)