Wednesday, May 04, 2005

T minus 9 minutes...

I'm at the Coolidge Corner branch of the Brookline Public Library right now, which is a good thing because Kinko's will make no money off of me today, and because it forced me to leave the apartment on this dismal little Wednesday.

It is a frustrating thing because computer sessions have time limits here, and GOOD GOD I ONLY HAVE SEVEN MINUTES LEFT. AHHHH... I don't deal so well with deadlines, as some of you may know, and as this so far meaningless post has evidenced.

Point, JoBiv?

None.

Story? Can I tell it in SIX minutes? Oh god...



A Few Nights Ago:

H-Bomb: So, Johanna, have you thought of what you're going to do in September?
JoBiv: You mean about the apartment?
H: Yeah. I mean, are you planning to stay, or...
JoBiv: Well it depends a lot on the fellowship. If I get it, I'll stay and put an ad up for a new roommate. It's really a question of price. But I have been thinking of finding something cheaper... What about you?
H: Well my friend Annette (not Funicello, I've asked before) wants me to move in with her...
JoBiv: Oh that would be great... for you.
H: Yeah, but she wants to stay in Central Square, and I hate that area. So I'd rather live here and find a new roommate.
JoBiv: Uh HUH.
H: Yep.

Then we both watched a baseball game and ignored the fact that we both just admitted to hating living with each other. Funny?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, my friend and former roommate Tara has a friend who lives in Boston called Johanna. I wonder if she's looking for a roommate? It seems meant to be. Think of all the great messages you could have on your answering machine! Tara calls her "Yohan" which makes me think you should be "YoBiv."

I started a blog too but it's not so good. The bright side: I might get a used digital camera for $50, which will make the blog much better! It's a Web page about B-Flo and all the odd places here. If you ever need Polish supermarket tabloids, let me know.

JoBiv said...

I forgot to mention that when H-Bomb tries to say Johanna she actually says Jo-hanna, Joanna, Jo-ha-na, or some other mangling. She's a charmer, that one is.