Thursday, May 26, 2005

Escuchame!

While I'm listening to the baby self-soothe (read, cry piteously until I give in and rock her to sleep), let me tell you something:

I did phenomenal things yesterday.

I called Masshealth (I got coverage! YAY!) and some loan consolidation place. I wrapped and sent a prezzie to a certain Chilean prisoner. I went to the mall and bought a much-needed summer cardigan, on super sale, after taking stock of my ratty sweatshirts. I made it back in time to meet Meera at Booksmith, where I bought Fortune's Bones with a gift certificate.

I tell you, I had many adventures.

(Just so you know, the baby actually DID self-soothe, which just proves that I'm the best nanny EVOR.)

So let's give me a round of applause... Okay... no, that's enough... and then let me tell you about choir and how much angst it's giving me.

ANGST, I tell you.



Hmm. I just thought for a long while about how I would phrase any of it, and I don't think I can do it. It should suffice to say that I'm getting some attention for my voice, and I'm riddled with panic because of it, for many reasons.

I can tell you that the absolute highlight of last night's rehearsal was the surprise of about thirty 4th grade orchestra members scrambling around in the music room, readying their instruments, shoving cases to the far side at Tom the Bass's booming insistence, running back and forth excitedly... I wish I could have sat in on their concert. I'm sure it was deliciously terrible.

I can also tell you that I am not looking forward to next week's rehearsal. Actually, I kind of wish the whole season was over already.

No comments: