Thursday, April 28, 2005

Dear Dad,

I know things are difficult for you right now, and I don't want to add to your difficulties by hurting you in any way, but I have to be honest with you. I have a hard time coming home to visit you and Mom, and most of the stress comes from your drinking...


Dear Dad,

Cripps, Smacks and I had a talk Friday night. It was a tearful one, so don't think I say these things to you with any kind of detachment. You need to know that you're hurting us, and infantilizing yourself. We are wrung out from parental worry over you. It's not fair to us, and it is criminal where mom is concerned. You have the power and the responsibility to find help...


Dear Dad,

I talked to M about my birthday weekend. It looks like she'll need me to work, so we may have to reschedule your trip to Boston. I'm so sorry I won't be able to celebrate with you! I'm sure we'll talk soon.

Your loving daughter...

No comments: