Sunday, April 17, 2005

A lecture on potential energy

Wow. I forgot that I could be fun.

I got my hair cut yesterday. Very very cut. Above the shoulder, front pieces about reaching my jaw. And I didn't cry! I was shaking a little when I first sat down in the stylist's throne, but then I got over it and everything proceeded beautifully. And now I have short hair. No really, I do! It's amazing.

And now you can't know that I'm a hair-pulling freak because you can't really tell where the short spots are. It's amazing.

Even more amazing, the haircut seemed to unleash something in me. Remember my weird Victorian symbolism thing? I think it worked in my favor. Last night Chester and I somehow ended up at a party and I felt like my ecstatically social self. Maybe it's the weather, too... I don't know. But somehow, I felt very free to do and say whatever the hell I wanted. I didn't, though. I mean, my filters were still operational. That's a very good thing. But I mean to say that I felt like I had more freedom and more control. And nary a hair was pulled.

We'll just see what the baby thinks of it. I have a feeling she'll have quite the field day. And I'll have to train myself not to scream expletives when she pulls out whole patches... (It's different when someone else does it. No really.)

4 comments:

J E said...

I LOVE you JoBiv

Sarah said...

Picture picture!

JoBiv said...

I'm sure I'll get caught in a Bella picture this weekend when I visit El Victoir, and I'll consider sending it around. (Don't know if I'd post it...)

meeralee said...

It's adorable! It really is! Short in the back and a little longer and ringlety in the front. Freakin' adorable.