Thursday, April 07, 2005

Song a sing

Song song song si-ing sing sing si-ing so-ong...

I have this lovely tubful of anxiety squeezed into the comparatively small space of my stomach at the moment, and all of it is the result of singing. Or the anticipation?

Last night we had another troubling choir rehearsal, in which we spent a lot of time learning notes to a song we sorta know and NO TIME AT ALL on several songs Meera* and I have not sung evor. Not cool.

Our concert is on Sunday. Yes, this Sunday.

And I never got around to telling you about my debut performance with Arnie, which prompted the shoe-buying extravaganza. (That may seem like an overstatement since I only bought one pair of shoes, but the price was, indeed, extravagant.) We're singing tomorrow at some restaurant in Dover, NH, which Katya informs me is on the coast. I didn't know NH had a coast. Now I know. I don't think I've ever been to New Hampshire, actually, but this seems like a good enough reason to wander thataway.

I'm trying not to be nervous about the gig because a) we're not getting paid, per se (free meal and split the door 50/50) and b) I can't imagine that a restaurant with a cover can really pack 'em to the roof. I could be wrong. Perhaps they have a great Friday Night Fish Fry Following. Er... following.

I am not succeeding at not being nervous because a) Arnie and I haven't jammed in two weeks and b) I can't convince myself that I'm looking forward to a drive in the country with a 51 yr old neurotic.

So I bought myself earrings and shoes. That'll ease my mind. I'll be juuust fine for the gig and the concert. Yeah... that's the ticket.

AS I am typing-- Baby Pea is sleepy-peepin', ergo we are not at the Brookline Public Library's Infant/Toddler Rock-Out. Too bad. Pea and I do a mean rendition of "The Wheels on the Bus." There'd be no stopping the mosh pit.



*Speaking of Meera - WHOOOOOOP!!! She's getting married! To Ross! And Ross is getting married to her! At the same time! WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP!! Okay, think it's outta my system.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just saw the all the WHOOPS you were WHOOPING! Will you be singin at her weddin???