Thursday, January 06, 2005

Wait... what?

I just got fired.

No shit, fired.

Sierra's mom had told me that she didn't need me today. That was earlier this week. Then the roommate's friend Kat told me she might be watching Sierra on Thursdays. I was confused and sure this young woman was wrong. And then today I called to see about tomorrow - would J need me? Didn't she say something about needing me Friday?

I got an email back. For the sake of accuracy, here it is:

Jo,

I am soo sorry for all the confusion. I don't work on Friday's so I'm
going tobe at home with Sierra. I'm throwing a small birthday party for
her with her friends since she'll be away, and out next week.

Next week is going to be really busy between Sierra's birthday and her
doctors appointments. I'm going to take a lot of time off to accomodate
her wierd schedule. I've decided that it will be more convenient for
Sierra and myself tohave my roommates drive our butts all over town next
week.

Also, I've worked out a Thursday schedule for Sierra and we wont need your
help then either. I feel really horrible for ending your service this way.
We've really enjoyed your time, and I'd like to keep you in mind for future
prospects, (unless you'll leaving town after the spring semester).

Its really hard to let you go, because you've been so great with Sierra,
and she really enjoys spending time with you. I wish I could have given you more
notice, but the hospitals and our schedule in general is usually prepared last
minute.Thanks for the help that your offered.

Sincerely,
J


I didn't want to work for a woman with sloppy punctuation anyway. So there.

whimper. sob. sigh.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh man, am I pissed. Poor daughter - she's got a flake for a mother. Who "ends your service" via email, even if she is "soo sorry?" What about being a responsible, respectful adult and discussing things face to face?

Gah.

J E said...

Jo, that sucks. I'm sorry. That Mom sounds like a loser, sorry to be so harsh, but you don't mess with my friends and get away with it. I mean seriously the email start out with a sort of this week blah blah, next week, blah blah, the hospitals, blah blah. At least be direct.
Well at least you have the other gig, though I know you'll miss the little bugger.