Saturday, January 08, 2005

On a more cheerful and less obsessive note...

Brigid is awesome. The last three days were so nice... I miss being goofy and stupid and trading stories of the important and mundane things of our lives. We dissected Bonaventure, Simmons and Boston to our hearts' content, and visited all the old haunts (El Pelon, Thornton's, JP Licks) as well as some new places (Zaftigs, The Druid, Christina's). We saw lovely people, as well, despite narsty weather and general fatigue.

Honestly, aren't we amazing?

Brig is amazing. When I think of all my friends, I always come back to amazement... Every one of them is so brave, so intelligent... such gorgeous people. And Brig is incredible. She didn't have an easy haul in Chile, but she's going back for a full year. She wants to try it again, glean more from it, soak in more of it, make it work. Would I have the courage?

The answer, tragically, no.

(I can't stop quoting from movies! Help!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jobiv, I think YOU'RE amazing! I'm blushing. I had a wonderful time, thank you!! We did accomplish a lot this week - we are amazing!

I'll be back soon for to eat cheese.

(This, by the way, is Brigid...I'm posting anonymously so I don't have to figure out how to set up an account.)