Monday, January 17, 2005

Brainstorming before the storm

I have been trying to recover from my recent bloglessness. I need to write, and I know this. Maybe you people can vote on the topic. If I knew how to do one of those cool polls I'd stick one in here, but it somehow doesn't seem appropriate.

Your choices are:

1. The indignity of bathrooms
2. The least dramatic way a person can die
3. People leaving - what they leave
4. Meera's question to me, "When did you last feel like yourself" (paraphrase)
5. How I used to hurt my mother while she still insisted we were best friends
6. How OCD is transferable between victims
7. A discussion of quiet

Pick one. Make me write it. I will, I swear.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I vote for a discussion of quiet, because I like the idea of discussing quiet loudly. Or more words of wisdom from Dr. Farrow, that always seems to cheer me up, somehow...maybe it's more your interpretation of his words than his actual words. Or maybe it was his post-lunch classes.

Anonymous said...

I'd like to hear about No. 4, Meera's question to you. She always asks the best questions don't you think? And I know you'll have the best answer. Waiting...

Eunice Burns said...

Hmmm. I like the discussion of quiet. Because I'd love to hear the images you came up with for quiet. I need good visuals in my life.

What if you put them all in a hat and pulled one out each day and wrote wrote wrote? You could set a timer so that it doesn't have to be this huge, long, deep, life-altering journal entry. It could be as rambly as you want, as quick as you want, as stream-of-consciousness as you want, as dull as you want. Just as long as it kept you writing.

Speaking of rambly, I left quite a rambly message on your machine last night. Does Heather think I'm a freak? (I'm okay with that; I'm just curious.) Were you both listening to it as I left it, thinking, "That loser thinks I'm going to pick up the phone! She's clearly on crack! Bwah ha ha ha ha ha ha!"

JoBiv said...

No clear lead, folks, but thanks for voting. Hmm. I'll decide tomorrow when I'm at Simmons and not at a Kinko's that's about to close in T minus three seconds.

And yes, Sus, I got your message - delightfully rambling as it was.

Sarah said...

How about you write about getting awesome CDs in the mail? Joyous occurences, those are. Ah. Blissful ears.

And I'm a dork for not saying thank you earlier. Please pardon.