Monday, October 18, 2004

"Oh you Red Sox!" - Isabella Stewart Gardner, 1912

Don't believe me? Click above.

I just got off at the MFA stop and took a nice lil walk to Simmons. I like that walk quite a bit. I pass the grassy quad of MassArt, then the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum, then I can sneak in the SuperSecretBackWay to Simmons College.

As I strolled by the ISG Museum, this rahther large banner greeted me: "'Oh you Red Sox!' - Isabella Stewart Gardner, 1912."

That lady rocks.

Now I must speak to you about my crush on Dave Roberts.

You're all gonna say, JoBiv, you're only saying this stuff about Dave Roberts because he made the tying run last night. HOWEVER, feel free to contact my roommate concerning my Dave Roberts love affair. She will attest to its longevity.

This is the situation: I want Cabrera for a boyfriend and Roberts for a husband. Every time I see Cabrera do one of those slick slides and then pop up like freakin' Fred Astaire, I admit I swoon a bit.

But then Dave Roberts comes in. He goes up to the plate all quiet-like. He looks relaxed, and maybe like he's enjoying himself. The team needs him to bunt, or hit to right field, or just run like hell. He steps up as though to say, "Sure. Whatev. I'll do it." And then when he does, he smiles.

Now don't you want to come home to Dave every night? Too bad. He's taken. He's actually married to some lucky lady. And you can't fake-marry him either, because I already did that.

So there.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I love that quote!

Jo, I understand your Dave Roberts and Orlando Cabrera. Myself, I declared my true feelings for David Ortiz on my blog last night. He has great skin, a jawline goatee and oh yeah, he hits home runs at key moments!

Your blog is a kick, dear.

Anonymous said...

Ay Papi: Ortiz!!! We have great affection for all the Sox, of course. When my class ended at 9:20 last night, several diehard Sox women RAN out of the room.
There's a great picture of David Ortiz's father watching the game at home in the Globe this morning.