Saturday, October 16, 2004

JoBiv impersonates Martha Stewart


kon-tiki
Originally uploaded by
JoBiv!.
Click above for beautiful page that doesn't do anything.

Good Things

Kon-Tiki salt and pepper shakers that have NOTHING to do with the actual Kon-Tiki god. But look at the buns on this guy! So pinchable.

Laughing so hard that stir-fry almost spurts out my nose when Kate tells me the following story: Kate and her sister Bea were in a waiting room somewhere, sitting near a lady who told them, "I'm knitting a sweater out of my cat's hair!" Made funnier by the fact that Bea thought, "That's so cool! I wanna do that!"

Chestnuts on the sidewalk near the St. Mary's stop. I love how they're that red-brown color on the outside and a violent spring-green on the inside. The crushed ones, I mean.

Letters from Sus, who is living happily in Denver. Yay for Sus! And yay for the fact that she reads this stuff! And yay for the cool wax seal on the envelope, despite it's upside-down-ness.

A card with PHOTOS from jLiz - I finally switched out the black and white came-with-frame photo for a startlingly cute picture of the Norster.

Light-blue fine wale cordoroy skirt weather.

A conversation with an old lady with octagonal tortoise shell glasses and fuschia lipstick, during which she tells me that only men would have thought of the Kon-Tiki voyage. (She's one of the "what are you reading? Okay, now I'm going to talk to you so you can't ACTUALLY read it" types.) I tell her that in 1947, women hardly had the option. She said that a woman doesn't have the same urge to explore and strike out for new territory. I said something like, "That lack of urge must have really annoyed the women who have participated in space missions." Her response: "Women in space???" (As though I'd suggested elephants.)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm laughing, laughing.

Thanks.

(I'm trying to get my Cats in Space idea off the ground. Please send any and all contributions to my offices in Cape Canaveral.)

JoBiv said...

Does anyone think of the Muppet Show? Lemme prod your memory:

PIIIIGS IIIIN SPAAAAAACE