Saturday, September 18, 2004

This song's made up, made second rate


blue
Originally uploaded by JoBiv!.

Today's neighbor blog comes from Singapore, and the blogger has some quite fun things to say about a competitor in the Olympics. I surely laughed, I did.


Okay, so back to music. First of all, after listening to some of my CDs last night on a random shuffle, I have a thoroughly confused self-image. The list: Norah Jones - Come Away With Me, White Stripes - White Blood Cells, Muse - Showbiz, Jack Johnson - Brushfire Fairytales, Joni Mitchell - Blue, The Violent Femmes (self-titled I think), Bebel Gilberto - self-titled, Maroon 5 - Songs About Jane, James - The Best of (who supplied today's title), Franz Ferdinand - self-titled.

(I've provided links only to the bands you should definitely peruse because perhaps you never have.)

Has any band ever actually named their album "Self-Titled?" I think I would. Because I'm annoying like that. Some other album names cooked up by K-Dawg and myself: Ukilele Lookyloo and Exploiting the Loiter. Wish I had a nice group of three, but alas, my creativity belongs to Baseline Development Group and the subject of planes.

If you want more of this type of thing, and why wouldn't you, go visit Sarah's post, and then read Dana's list in the comments.

Okay, so back to JoBiv's thoroughly confused self-image. As I was saying, I'm not sure if I'm a 56 yr old woman, an indie-rocker wannabe, a Brit born roughly 5-7 years before my actual birth... it's all very confusing.

JoBiv, go write about planes, dammit! There will be time for your Weblog, or whatever you kids call it, after your work is done. Do I make myself clear? (That's the 56 yr old woman yelling at the indie-rocker wannabe.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Insert photo (or drawing, or painting, or etch-a-sketch) of plane here. Plane might be taking off. Or coasting. Or attempting a water-landing. Prefer plane to be red in colour, although yellow is an option.

--m

JoBiv said...

Wow... how did you get a copy of my art spec suggestions? Etch-a-Sketch! HA!