Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Get on the bus, get on the bus, everybody everybody


fishface jas
Originally uploaded by JoBiv!.

T minus 48 hours. The Trip Home lurks just around the corner. Today, I go shopping so my mother can't tell me that I need to take better care of my clothes. And also so she won't take me shopping. Why do I suddenly regress to an 11-yr-old when we go shopping? I actually blush in embarrassment when my mother suggests I look at bras. Shouldn't I be over that kind of thing?

By the way, I talked to jLiz yesterday and she confirmed my mother's craziness. I've been reporting this story to friends for weeks, and it's not that I think they doubt me, but it's nice to have proof.

jLiz, Alec and the Norster stayed with my parents on their way through NY State at the beginning of their big cross-country move. jLiz actually gets a kick out of my parents (as do most people), but she was surprised by the unmitigated CRAZINESS of the following statement by my mother. HAHEM:

"I just wish Jo would get pregnant so she'd have to move home and I could take care of her."

Okay, so my mother said this to me. That's pretty crazy and it explains several neuroses. BUT SHE ALSO TOLD MY FRIEND!

Scary scary woman.

On the other hand, unprotected pre-marital sex, here I come!


(Good pun, JoBiv.)

Great title for a blog... go look!

P.S. - The photo comes from two summers ago. We took the lil preschool peeps on a field trip to the Swan Boats by way of a very small bus. They loved it. Jas, above, was rahther annoyed to have to sit in a booster seat, but was pleased that I sat next to her. She saw the bus ride as the perfect time to practice her fish face. I agreed.

No comments: