Saturday, September 04, 2004

JoBiv vs. Phone

The phone nearly always wins.

You may ask me why I chose to start a blog. It's not because I like the word blog, I can tell you. And it certainly has nothing to do with some incredible techie prowess. The truth, I miss my friends, and perhaps I can avoid talking to them on the phone while they still get news of my comings and goings.

The phone is evil. (Eveeel. Like the frooeets of the deveeel.)

You never know when your phone will ring. You could be deeply involved in a great movie, and RRRING, someone interrupts. You'd be rude if you said, "sorry, I'm watching a movie right now, and it's more interesting than you." You try not to be a liar, in practice, so you can't say, "Can I call you back? I'm in the middle of something important."

Or say you're in the bathroom and the phone rings. That's just kinda embarassing. You can't catch the phone, and maybe the person thinks you're out somewhere, but maybe they think you're in the bathroom. If you're anything like me, you don't want your friends to visualize your potty time.

Or maybe you're doing dishes, and if you grab the phone you could die of an electric shock, and then how awful would the caller feel that he killed you by calling? HUH? I want to spare my friends that pain.

Also, um... I don't like talking to people on the phone. Is that enough? Yes, yes it is.

No comments: