Monday, August 29, 2005

JoBiv's Whirlwind Tour of Western NY

Tuesday - Baby Mama informs me that I have the rest of the week off because they want to go to the Cape one last time this summer. I book a train ticket after calling Teeny and Doctor Blouin and being told that I can, in fact, hide in their homes if I head westward.

Wednesday - Eleven hour train ride. Didn't have to sit next to strangers, also didn't get a window.

Thursday - Hung out with Baby, Cripps (who was serendipitously vacationing last week), and Lois in Jell-o town.

Friday - Spent morning with many a baby, but Baby was not available for the party. Still fun, of course. Also squeezed in a visit to Wegmans. Ahh... Wegmans. Tina picked me up and we hung out in Rochacha at her new swingin' bachelorette pad!

Saturday - Dad insisted on driving me to Buffalo, where I saw Dr. Blouin, his wifey, KO of the Swazi Parasites, and Ginger (Dave's doggy). We also spent a good two hours in a big bouncey castle thinger. Time well spent.

Sunday - 14 hours on a train. Got a window as well as strangers seated next to me. Can't have it all, I spose. The guy across the aisle serenaded us with sleepy/drunken karaoke to his own discman. For six hours.

I went, nominally, to see friends. I went to remind myself that my arrival in some towns prompts a lot of happy shouting and hugs. And also because I hate my apartment, don't know what to do with my life, don't know what I'm doing right this very now.

Pea's up. Must attend to her fever.

No comments: