Wednesday, January 04, 2006

JoBiv's Big Adult Day

Oh I am so grown up. I made not one, but TWO big girl phone calls today:

1. To Mary Ryan, my former boss at the preschool, to inform her that I'm jobsearching and ask if I could use her as a reference again.

2. To the Simmons Career Education Center, to set up an appointment.

And then, because I am lovable and capable and gosh darnit, people like me, I left the apartment and went to Simmons. I visited with Cathie, letting her know I'm looking for work. She gave me a few interesting ideas and complimented my shoes. I visited the Ch. Lit. suite and got Bloomers' holiday booktalk list. I went to see this career counselor lady and saw Jane in the same suite. I endured a brain-squeezing interview with aforementioned counselor, and came away mostly unscathed.

And because I had spent my whole day being adult-like and not doing my laundry, I went Lechmere to buy underwear.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope they were periwinkle.......