Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Et voila!

Two versions, and this is merely the beginning...

1.

"Who's ever heard of a
parakeet funeral?"
Christopher asked as we
put the corpse in

Strawberry tupperware
(anti-microbial)
hoping against hope it
wasn't a sin.


Not bad, eh?

2.

Maybe it wasn't an
Avian heart attack:
We can't blame Dad for Doc's
tragic malaise--

Could be some allergy
anaphylactical.
Parakeet's seemingly
bescorn a cage.


So that one forces a rhyme, sentence structure, and sense, but it has promise, no?

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I like them both--send them off to The Paris Review, stat!

Ben said...

I'll have to read them again when my brain isnt clogged with a head cold, but initial impression is positive.

I've been here a couple years now, but we have yet to hang out. Any chance I could talk you into taking the train to salem for dinner sometime?