Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Found an old notebook...

I was looking for blank pages so I could take notes on my scary phone call of the day (Mass Rehab) and found pages of doodles and poetry. Only a few pages had anything on them and I believe all the of the material came from my trip to NYC last year. At the time I was unsure of The Novelist and of myself, in a very dark moment.

How's this for indicative poetry?



Shoes and Lovers

Shoes and lovers hurt you
From knowing you too little
And knowing you too well
You can never know how long
You linger in the middle
The best days of the pair


I should tell you that I had a date last night -- a good one, I thought. It involved tea and a bookstore, so how could it be bad? The slight complication is that the gentleman in question works in the same offices as The Novelist. I don't want to hurt my wee writer. Well, I mostly don't want to hurt my wee writer... There's a part of me that is still angry.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

hi jo, it's amanda, from simmons. remember me? i found your blog through the common interest of "children's literature" being listed on both of our profiles (go figure). i'm enjoying reading your blog, even if it sounds like things have been pretty cruddy lately. i'm holding out for february bringing better things around here (i've been saying that as each upcoming month since about august... so maybe not...), so hang in there!